Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced that with the reintroduction of elective surgery, there will be an easing of the restrictions on dental treatment, effective as of Monday 27th April. This decision resulted from a risk assessment made by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and the National Cabinet.
Since 30th March, we have been in what the government has described as ‘Level 3 Restrictions’, which has chiefly meant that dentists have only been treating patients for relief of pain. With the easing to ‘Level 2 Restrictions’, Prospect Dentistry will return to offering a more comprehensive range of routine dental treatments, as detailed in the table below:
Please note that the easing of restrictions to ‘Level 2’ does not mean that we are returning to business as usual. Please read the information provided below for more detail regarding our services and operation during ‘Level 2 Restrictions’. If you need anything explained in more detail, then please call or email us.
I would also like to assure you that I would not be increasing the range of services we offer if I wasn’t confident that we could provide them safely. As always, the health and wellbeing of Prospect Dentistry’s staff, patients and the wider community are paramount. However, I will respect and completely understand if you would like to continue to defer your regular dental treatment until you feel more comfortable attending our practice.
Finally, I appreciate your ongoing support and I hope that you and your family have been happy and healthy in these difficult times.
Dr Will King
During the ‘Level 2 Restrictions’, Prospect Dentistry’s opening hours will change to Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
You will be contacted if your appointment has been delayed or you are due for a routine recall check and clean. If you would like to be seen sooner, then please contact our rooms on 8269 1999. Please be understanding that regular treatment has not occurred for the past four weeks, so there may be a delay in your next check and clean, as we make up deferred appointments.
Screening of Patients
Strict screening of patients (as occurs with all of our staff) will occur to ensure the safety of all staff and patients. When making and confirming an appointment, staff will ask if you have:
- Returned from overseas or interstate travel in the past 14 days;
- Felt unwell, including, but not limited to, symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath;
- Had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days or had contact with anyone in self-isolation or self-quarantine in the past 14 days.
If any of these situations apply to you, then we will defer your treatment, except in an emergency, in which case we will direct you to the appropriate dental service.
Prospect Dentistry has brought in additional safety measures to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19, including, but not limited to:
- Asking patients to attend their appointment alone or with only their carer.
- Requiring patients to rub their hands for 20 seconds with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser upon arrival at Prospect Dentistry.
- Minimising the number of people in the waiting room, which may require patients to wait outside or in their cars (please note our carpark at the rear of the surgery is now open).
- Booking longer appointments to allow for additional cleaning between patients.
- Removing all newspapers and magazines in the waiting room and regularly cleaning touchpoints, such as door handles and furniture.
- Slightly adjusting treatment techniques and infection control procedures in the surgery, which you may notice during treatment.
I understand that you may be undergoing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and may consequently find it difficult to pay for any necessary dental treatment. If you are a current patient of Prospect Dentistry and this applies to you, please discuss this with my staff and we can negotiate a payment plan and/or the reduction or waiver of fees.